RETURN / REFUND POLICY
1) You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an item(s).
2) Returned items may be subject to a 15% restocking / service fee.
3) Order cancellation requests must be submitted, via e-mail or by phone, within 24 hours of the order being placed.
4) All book, magazine, VHS, DVD and Blu-ray sales are final.
5) Defective VHS, DVD & Blu-ray products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement
6) Defective Digital Command Control (DCC) products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement unless the product is unopened.
7) Any item(s) purchased more than 30 days past the original date of purchase must be returned to the manufacturer.
8) All returns and exchanges must receive the approval of a Customer Service Representative before they will be accepted. The representative will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to you that is connected to your valleytrainsnhobbies.com order number. To obtain an RMA number, please call (203) 721-0357.
Valley Trains N Hobbies will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. Alternatively, you may request a store credit which will automatically be applied to your next online order. Valley Trains N Hobbies / valleytainsnhobbies.com reserves the right to deny any customer store credit at our sole discretion, as well as, issuing a store credit versus a credit card refund.
All products returned must have documentation attached explaining the reason for return / exchange. The returned item(s) must also include the original box and packing materials and have the RMA number written on the outside of the shipping box. All items being returned for exchange and / or refund MUST be returned in the same new condition which they were shipped to the customer including the manufacturers packaging and all included instructions, manuals, etc. Any item(s) that have been modified in any way, such as, but not limited to, changes in appearance, (weathering, decals, painting), additional, removed or replaced parts, will not be accepted and neither credits nor exchanges will be given. All items returned for credit or exchange will be verified by a Customer Service Representative before a credit, store credit or exchange is processed. Do not ship returns / exchanges in the manufacturer's box alone. Please ship all returns / exchanges in a shipping box / carton. Replacements, exchanges and/or credits will be shipped / processed once we receive the returned item(s). Any items returned that have not received an approved RMA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
If any of the above procedures are not followed, the returned item(s) may be assessed a 15% restocking / service fee.
For any item(s) damaged during shipping, please notify Customer Service. They will provide further instructions. Please retain the damaged shipping box and all contents for the Claims Agent unless otherwise instructed by Customer Service. Claims for damages will be handled by the Shipping Department Manager. Upon submission, processing and receiving the reimbursement for the claim, we will reimburse you for the damaged product(s).